Thursday, August 9, 2018

Junk Journal Fun

Hello Everyone
Last week I did some classes with the amazing Dina Wakley, who reminded me just how much fun paint is.
So I was inspired by her to get all my paints and play. I have created my junk journal page using Dina paints, water, stamps and some plastic bags.
I don't watch youtube tutorials because I am always worried that I will see something, sub-consciously copy it then pass it off as my own work.
But I came across an artist who does the most amazing work and I have lifted a technique she does, but with my own spin.
Her name is Gerda Lipski and her work is amazing. Make sure you check her and Dina Wakley out.
Both will amaze and inspire you.


Back to my class, you will be able to make a few foundation backgrounds as each "Print" has a second "Ghost" print.
You can also choose the colours you use. I have done a dark one as well as this bright one. We should have time to do 2-3 pages + the ghost prints.
You won't need photos, but it would help to have some idea of who you are doing the page for. Remember it can be for more than one person, male or female, child or adult. Photos can be colour or black and white. I really loved making this page and did about 6 prints in the end. It was hard to choose which one to use.
If attending this class - please bring.
Baby wipes or wet ones. Paper towel, Palette knife, Dina Wakley paints (if you have them - I will have them for you to use in class if you don't), wide paint brush 3/4 inch or 1 inch wide and 1/4 inch brush, water spray bottle, black gel pen, white gel pen, archival ink pads and a heat gun.
Basic scrapbooking kit.
The Class is Saturday 11th at 10am-2ish or later if you need to.
Cost of class is $20 + $20 kit - kit includes a mask and chipboard.
Remember the change of venue .
It is at my home - 6 Mingbool Ave St Marys.
You need to ring to book in if attending for the first time. Please ring me on 0416053688 or 82771298.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Six Sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!!

  Hello Everyone Where have these past weeks gone, and so much for me promising to share tags every week. What was I thinking when I offered...