Friday, December 15, 2023

Getting in Early For our 2024 All Day Scrap.

All Day Scrap for 2024

Hello

Just wanting to let you all know that we have a date for our 2024 All Day Scrap. 

We will be holding the event on Saturday 20th April 2024 at the Cosgrove Hall York Ave Clovelly Park. The same venue as 2023. I have updated the Seriously Scrapbooking Website for bookings.

Karyn Shultz will be joining me (Jane Tregenza) and will be sharing a Mini Album/Book and layout using one of Simple Stories new collections - Love Story. It is a beautiful collection with soft and pretty  colours and images. Karyn's book and layout will be amazing.  I have included an image of the collection for you to see. 



I will be doing something quite different this year. I will be sharing a framed piece that you can hang on the wall or give as a gift. The frame is part of your kit. 

The reason for letting you know before Christmas, is that you will need photos for my project. I have designed and started to make around 25 different tags; you will be able to choose three but purchase more if you need to. Each tag is themed quite differently - I am doing Heritage tags for my Great Grandparents, tags for my parents, my grown-up children and partners, group families, weddings, babies and my beautiful grandchildren. I don't share images of my grandchildren, but you need to see the kind of photos you need to take or find for the tags. I did go through all my photos and found lots taken over the years that will work. 

As it is the Holiday Season, I am hoping you are getting together with family and friends so make sure you take a camera and take some beautiful photos to suit your tags. 

I have included some samples of the kind of photos you will need. I have edited them, so my grandchildren's faces are a bit blurred. I am sure you understand why! You need to make sure yours are in focus!!

All the photos need to be converted to black and white. Most computers have some sort of photo editing software. I have sharpened each photo and change the contrasted a bit.  When you take your photos - leave a bit of space at the top and bottom of all your people and make sure you get down to their level. It is easier to crop and enlarge an image to make it bigger but harder to make it smaller. 

Backgrounds don't matter as you will be cutting all your people out!

Josh won't mind having this photo on the web, so here is a sample of the kind of tags you will be making. Your frame will hold three along with some quotes and smaller photos under each tag. You will be able to sort out the extra smaller photos after making your frame. 
I will include some guides below each photo to help you. You can choose to take new photos or sort through photos you already have. If it's all too hard, make your tags and sort out your photos afterwards. I have shown my grandkids the tags as I make for them, and they love them. I have been requested to make frames for each child's room, so I will be needed to make quite a few. I also plan to have all the tags in different sized frames on the day to give you ideas on how it all goes together. I got the frames from Spotlight, so you should have no trouble getting more frames if you need to. Just wait for one of their 40% off sales as I did, but hopefully you won't need 80!

H&V's Photo - I have 7 grandchildren, so I have taken single photos of them all, then grouped the siblings together. For this photo, you need to place your peoples next to each other, shoulders and backs slightly touching and on a slight angle so their faces are toward you. Ask them to fold them arms.

 

J's photo - for this photo, I got J to hold this favorited train, but it could be a book or anything. You can see that he is on the floor, so to get this photo, I had to lay on the floor as J has to be facing me and I need to be level with him. 

J's Photo, I did take a lot of photos of my peoples sitting. I used a table for most as this means I can sit on a chair to take them. If you peoples are little - make sure someone is with them, so they don't fall off. Make sure you get them to cross their legs. Shoes or no shoes is up to you. You can also get them to place one hand on the table as on a tag this means they will be holding onto something. 

I went through all my old photos and found this one of my three girls, which I will do a tag for. I found a stack of older photos which I can use, rather than having to take lots of new ones. I am wanting to make tags for family members no longer with me - as a reminder of just how precious life is and how important they are still. 

Another sitting one - with attitude this time as S decided to place her left hand on her hip! very cute.


 V's Photo - Sitting photos can also just be sitting with no hand out to the side.

We were lucky enough to have all 7 grandchildren together a couple of weeks ago, so I took them all outside to our decking which was just the right height to take sitting photos. I took single photos and then got them to group themselves together into 2's and 3's and just kept taking photos. I had to kneel on a mat to get to the right level, but I have some great photos which I can use for tags or scrapbook pages. 

S's Photo - You can take standing photos as well, just make sure the people are facing you and you are at the right level and not looking down on them.  

So for the first time ever, in All Day Scrap History - I am supper organized with photo requests months in advance. 

You can book online now - just pay your deposit of $35 non-refundable (unless we cancel the event). 

I will be contacting everyone who joined us last year early January, but wanted to give you the heads up and the opportunity to start sorting out your photos and working out who you want to make your frame or frames for. 

Once I start contacting people, our all day scrap will be full as we had 63 ladies join us last year and am looking at 70 this year. I already have 12 people booked in. 

So have a wonderful time over the holidays - catching up with family and friends. Please remember to include and think of others who at this time may be struggling with the loss of close and loved ones and those less blessed as we are.  

Look forward to seeing you in the New Year

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Six Sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!!

  Hello Everyone Where have these past weeks gone, and so much for me promising to share tags every week. What was I thinking when I offered...