Tuesday, January 30, 2024

11 Weeks to Go

 Hello everyone.

It's only 11 weeks to go until our 2024 All Day Scrap. 

Normally I don't share my projects too much and always tell you "don't worry about bringing photos as you can add them later". But not this year!

This year it's all different. You will be making 4 tags - 3 tags to go in a shadow box frame and one for a layout. Having photos on the day will help you finish your tags. 

You will be choosing three tags on the day, and I have one that everyone will be making. I have decided to share all 35 tags with you before the day. Some tags will be a sneak peek and others will show the whole tag, depending on the person the tag is for. I will also include the tag number and the size of the photo needed. 

So, get your note book out and start choosing. I will have around 900 tag kits, so you can purchase more tags on the day, if you want to make more frames.  All you need to do is take note of the ones you like and bring your list with you on the day. This project would make wonderful Christmas presents for your family or look amazing as a group of framed tags on a feature wall in your home. I am making around 12 frames to hang on my dining room wall. 

I ones I am going to share with you this week are tags of my parents. I have made this set for my mum so she can hang it on the wall. My dad passed away eight years ago. 



Tag 18: This is my Mum; her photo is 3 1/2 inches high x 2 1/4 inches wide. I have converted a colour photo to black and white, then sharpened it and made it a bit brighter. In this kit, I have painted the chipboard for you. I have also used some beautiful French ribbons. 

Tag 6: This is my Dad; his photo is 3 1/2 inches high x 3 inches wide. I have converted a colour photo to black and white, then sharpened it and made it a bit brighter. In this kit, I have painted the chipboard, and stamped the row of gentlemen at the top of the tag for you. 


 A precious moment captured forever. 

 Tag19: I love this photo of both of them together. It was taken only weeks before we found out that Dad had terminal cancer. The photo size is 3 3/4 inches high x 3 1/4 inches wide. The writing at the top of this tag is a sample of the font used for all the quotes you will be placing above each tag in the frame. 

      

The tags are around 3 inches wide x 6 inches high and fit into the frame with space at the top of each tag for a quote and space at the bottom for a small rectangle photo. I will share the finished three tags in their frame later on. 


As part of your All Day Scrap kit, you will receive one frame. I purchased 70 of these from Spotlight. It is on their website as a Unigift shadow box natural frame 15x15cm (this is the opening in the photo matt not the outside frame size which is 30x30cm). This size frame holds three tags. 

 I have also purchased a few of the A4 size as this will hold 4 tags. If you are lucky enough to find the 50cmx50xm size by the Frame Depot, then you can do a frame with 8 tags. I will have one on display at the All Day Scrap with my grandchildren in it. I suggest you keep checking Spotlights website and wait for one of their sales with 40% off, then do an online order. 

 Next week I will share another 4 of the tags - these are tags of my four children's weddings.

At this stage, I still have some spare seats for our All Day Scrap. The day is being held on Saturday 20th April and costs $155. Karyn Shult will be teaching on the day along with myself. Cost of the day includes 4 projects, two are Karyn's, she has a mini book and layout for you. Morning tea and lunch is included. You will also receive a thank you gift for attending. 

You can book online at Seriouslyscrapbooking.net.au just click on the 2024 all day scrap box. You can just pay a deposit of $35 to book your seat. Full payment must be received by 30th March.

 Or you can contact me on 08 82771298.

 Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Don't forget to stop by Monday next week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Six Sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!!

  Hello Everyone Where have these past weeks gone, and so much for me promising to share tags every week. What was I thinking when I offered...